User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 201 to 212 of 212
  1. #201
    Elite Spartan
    Chris12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    130
    GeekBux
    44,987.43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Default

    Thanks guys really appreciate your empathy.

    And yes I am also worried about Tracking such people. Just read a post from a completely new account from Italy saying „Hello from
    Italy“. First thing you think is, is it that guy again trying to infiltrate with new account name again?



    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

  2. #202
    Elite Spartan

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    55
    GeekBux
    5,088.79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Region
    us massachusetts


    Default

    Seeing this is a excellent reminder to do your research on who you buy from. I have no doubt that this will get resolved for the people who got screwed though. At least I hope so.

  3. #203
    New Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    95
    GeekBux
    9,003.27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elca79 View Post
    Seeing this is a excellent reminder to do your research on who you buy from. I have no doubt that this will get resolved for the people who got screwed though. At least I hope so.
    Seriously, how do you expect it to be resolved?

  4. #204
    Elite Spartan
    peyups's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    889
    GeekBux
    102,555.55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Default

    Not sure if it helps, but I was scammed 1,800$ here 10yrs ago. It was an overseas deal too.
    The guy was from AU, and after almost 2yrs he resolved the problem by sending me stuff, watch, gen straps, etc to make me whole. As he said he has no cash.
    Thinking about it now, I think he was pressured by members specially AU members, no one visited him personally thou.

    I was taking it as a lost cause already but then he came through, FINALLY.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Recommend TingelTangelTom recommended this post
  6. #205
    Elite Spartan

    Awards Showcase

    capice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    lowlands
    Posts
    3,345
    GeekBux
    259,310.81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    25
    Region
    eu amsterdam


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peyups View Post
    Not sure if it helps, but I was scammed 1,800$ here 10yrs ago. It was an overseas deal too.
    The guy was from AU, and after almost 2yrs he resolved the problem by sending me stuff, watch, gen straps, etc to make me whole. As he said he has no cash.
    Thinking about it now, I think he was pressured by members specially AU members, no one visited him personally thou.
    you don't know that....

    Any news from the mods?

  7. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  8. #206
    Elite Spartan
    peyups's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    889
    GeekBux
    102,555.55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capice View Post
    you don't know that....

    Any news from the mods?
    Haha maybe someone did and slapped some sense into him.

    Hoping this one ends the same as mine, not as long thou!

  9. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  10. #207
    Elite Spartan

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    55
    GeekBux
    5,088.79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Region
    us massachusetts


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelin View Post
    Seriously, how do you expect it to be resolved?
    Exactly the way @peyups suggested. I had a similar thing happen to me on a BMW forum. I bought a obscure transmission for my racecar. Seller ghosted me, PayPal was no help. It took forum members in real life to sort it out. Another time I was involved in a group buy scam on a firearm forum. Seller did a group buy, sent out a few then dissapeared. By the time that was all over, we had his real name, address, employer information, same with his parents, his girlfriend and her parents, the pictures of the vacation he took on his vacation (likely paid for with the money from the group buy) and myself and a police officer(also in the group buy) visited him. Very quickly everyone was made whole. Edit: he was not threatened. But faced with the reality of all the information that was able to be dug up he realised the error that he made screwing people online.

    In the age of the internet, it is not possible to hide so long as you use the internet. Lovesoldwatches is probably going to experience one or both of those scenarios.

  11. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  12. #208
    Elite Spartan
    Chris12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    130
    GeekBux
    44,987.43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capice View Post
    you don't know that....

    Any news from the mods?
    Not yet


    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

  13. #209
    Elite Spartan
    Chris12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    130
    GeekBux
    44,987.43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elca79 View Post
    Exactly the way @peyups suggested. I had a similar thing happen to me on a BMW forum. I bought a obscure transmission for my racecar. Seller ghosted me, PayPal was no help. It took forum members in real life to sort it out. Another time I was involved in a group buy scam on a firearm forum. Seller did a group buy, sent out a few then dissapeared. By the time that was all over, we had his real name, address, employer information, same with his parents, his girlfriend and her parents, the pictures of the vacation he took on his vacation (likely paid for with the money from the group buy) and myself and a police officer(also in the group buy) visited him. Very quickly everyone was made whole. Edit: he was not threatened. But faced with the reality of all the information that was able to be dug up he realised the error that he made screwing people online.

    In the age of the internet, it is not possible to hide so long as you use the internet. Lovesoldwatches is probably going to experience one or both of those scenarios.
    Would be fine for me to receive back my 116713 and also a letter of apology!


    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

  14. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  15. #210
    New Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    95
    GeekBux
    9,003.27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elca79 View Post
    Exactly the way @peyups suggested. I had a similar thing happen to me on a BMW forum. I bought a obscure transmission for my racecar. Seller ghosted me, PayPal was no help. It took forum members in real life to sort it out. Another time I was involved in a group buy scam on a firearm forum. Seller did a group buy, sent out a few then dissapeared. By the time that was all over, we had his real name, address, employer information, same with his parents, his girlfriend and her parents, the pictures of the vacation he took on his vacation (likely paid for with the money from the group buy) and myself and a police officer(also in the group buy) visited him. Very quickly everyone was made whole. Edit: he was not threatened. But faced with the reality of all the information that was able to be dug up he realised the error that he made screwing people online.

    In the age of the internet, it is not possible to hide so long as you use the internet. Lovesoldwatches is probably going to experience one or both of those scenarios.
    I hope so for OPs sake. However I think that due to the nature of the goods in question, legal options may be somewhat limited.

  16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  17. #211
    Elite Spartan
    Chris12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    130
    GeekBux
    44,987.43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peyups View Post
    Not sure if it helps, but I was scammed 1,800$ here 10yrs ago. It was an overseas deal too.
    The guy was from AU, and after almost 2yrs he resolved the problem by sending me stuff, watch, gen straps, etc to make me whole. As he said he has no cash.
    Thinking about it now, I think he was pressured by members specially AU members, no one visited him personally thou.

    I was taking it as a lost cause already but then he came through, FINALLY.
    I love happy ends. :-)


    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

  18. #212
    RepGeek.com Staff

    Awards Showcase

    mysterio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,414
    GeekBux
    3,594,976.77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    39
    Country
    philippines


    Default

    Ok, I think this thread has gone far enough. I've let this run even if seriously insulting accusations have been made against me. You know who you are.

    There has been so far only one unresolved case, and it is chris12345's situation. To those wondering, why hasn't LovesOldsWatches replied since the accusations were launched against him? Surely this must be an admission of guilt. Not at all. The reason why he has not posted or replied to PMs as one other buyer mentioned is because he was put on Admin Hold as soon as we were alerted of the issue. He can only communicate to staff. The watch that @Reprage paid for and bought has been shipped and I have sent this information as well as proof of shipment to him.

    Second, sure, it sounds dubious when someone uses the medical issue card more than once. But he has provided documents to that effect (and no, I will not show it to you, it was given in strict confidence). I suggest that they communicate directly to each other (they can copy me in on the communication) so they can resolve this. chris12345 isn't the only one with an issue, there are two sides and LovesOldsWatches cannot post his side of the story for the reason I mentioned. This thread is locked until an update can be made.

  19. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Similar Threads

  1. Scam or not? forex trading software...
    By tech_rick in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2019, 09:20 AM
  2. Should I trade my franken SA for a fully modded 6.75
    By chompawompa in forum Breitling
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 07:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



About RepGeek

Replica Geek is a discussion & review forum for all fans of Replica Watches from around the World. Let's Chat About Replica Watches on Replica Geek.

RG Dealers