User Tag List

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    The Aussie Mod

    Awards Showcase

    louisruby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    10,318
    GeekBux
    32,269,644.59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    32
    Country
    australia
    Region
    au victoria


    Exclamation Dont Put Comments in Dealers Paypal Accounts....

    The title says it all guys.

    NEVER mention reps, watches, fakes ANYTHING in the comments box to the dealers.

    this will often cause a paypal audit and guess what - they lose p@ypal.

    Paypal does not tolerate rep ANYTHING - so NO mention of it in the comments field.

    This happens occasionally and dealers go into a flat spin over this.

    Very few offer paypal for this reason.

    Do NOT f**k this up for our dealers, and us. Expect problems if you do.

    This has been an unpaid repgeek community announcement
    Hidden Content

    RubyBean Leather and Steel
    See our products here:
    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    Bounced Email

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Endwell, NY
    Posts
    1,117
    GeekBux
    104,924.44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Country
    usa
    Region
    us new york


    Default

    This includes member sales. If someone does this, I refuse the payment with a note that they have the wrong information. Putting comments that have anything to do with reps will compromise both seller and buyer accounts.

    Some people have no idea just how difficult it is to start a new PP account after being "banned." You need a new checking account, IP, address, email.... basically, their software is very good at sniffing out those that try to reopen a PP account and keeping you from getting back in.

  3. #3
    Italian Pope

    Awards Showcase

    nembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,424
    GeekBux
    2,133,417.39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Country
    pirate


    Default

    Up,wanna be sure everyone sees it.....especially noobs.
    Hidden Content


    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM

  4. #4


    Awards Showcase

    narikaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,377
    GeekBux
    437,498.34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21
    Country
    thailand
    Region
    uk england


    Default

    Yes refusing payment etc is all good, but the sad fact is that like fingerprints at a crime scene, the damage is done and sits there waiting to rear up in your face at a later date.




    .

  5. #5
    Member

    Awards Showcase

    korky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,375
    GeekBux
    440,172.98
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    20
    Country
    canada
    Region
    ca manitoba


    Default

    This is a given! I guess some of the noobs still don't know this.

  6. #6
    Elite Spartan
    Indec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    4,100
    GeekBux
    419,651.04
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    18
    Country
    sweden
    Region
    se stockholm


    Default

    Might be good to copy/paste this into the sales threads aswell.
    The last thing we want is attention to this hobby.

    Especially from the wrong ppl.


  7. #7
    Inactive

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24
    GeekBux
    2,640.40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Country
    uk
    Region
    uk city of london


    Default

    Would it be a good idea if you just put a warning message in big bold letters under the site banner? Then it would be clearly visible on every single page no matter what!

  8. #8
    loves Repgeek..

    Awards Showcase

    pietia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Yalta (Ukraine)
    Posts
    12,498
    GeekBux
    3,770,724.18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35
    Country
    italy


    Default

    up..well said!!
    My "List Members Ignored": Killerkhan

    Vuoi partecipare alla Sezione Italiana di Repgeek??? per prima cosa leggere Hidden Content ..Thanks!!
    Why upgrade to Vip Member?? read Hidden Content first, then click Hidden Content

  9. #9
    RepGeek.com Dealer

    Awards Showcase

    WackoBirdKeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,270
    GeekBux
    488,847.30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    17
    Country
    usa
    Region
    us new jersey


    Default

    This holds true for ANY payment account. Merchant credit card accounts, moneybookers, PP, etc. Never ever EVER mantion product in a payment processor. There is no payment processor anywhere that will be rep friendly.
    Hidden Content

    LIFE IS BETTER WITH A BIRD! . . . Adopt a rescue parrot!

  10. #10
    RepGeek.com Dealer

    Awards Showcase

    WackoBirdKeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,270
    GeekBux
    488,847.30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    17
    Country
    usa
    Region
    us new jersey


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by narikaa View Post
    Yes refusing payment etc is all good, but the sad fact is that like fingerprints at a crime scene, the damage is done and sits there waiting to rear up in your face at a later date.




    .
    Well stated, and VERY true!
    Hidden Content

    LIFE IS BETTER WITH A BIRD! . . . Adopt a rescue parrot!

  11. #11
    Correct Member
    ezod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portland&Chicago
    Posts
    1,143
    GeekBux
    66,050.99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14
    Country
    usa
    Region
    us oregon


    Default

    This needs to be a Sticky!

  12. #12
    Elite Spartan

    Awards Showcase

    onzenuub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    8,753
    GeekBux
    45,795,396.65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    29
    Country
    netherlands


    Default

    Hey I can make it a sticky.

  13. #13
    CUNNING LINGUIST
    breitlingb1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,397
    GeekBux
    1,105,961.26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15
    Country
    usa
    Region
    us district of columbia


    Default

    Yes, this is good for all to know. I love PP and its so much easier than any other method, it pains me to see someone rejecting PP because of the aforementioned error. Please make sticky....
    Upgrading to VIP benefits not only you but the entire RG community.
    Read More Here --->Hidden Content [/SIZE]

  14. #14
    Elite Spartan
    hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    836
    GeekBux
    54,185.98
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14
    Country
    finland
    Region
    us hawaii


    Default

    Ditto big time. This has caused our dealers to lose their accounts. Also, never ever open a dispute with a dealer over a rep watch because the dealer will get his account closed, and he will be so pissed at you for not having patience to work it out, that you are sure to never ever receive either a watch or a red cent back. All this does is harm your fellow rep enthusiasts and it is the most self centered, petulant, crybaby move a bloody fool can make.

  15. #15
    Legendary Old School Geek

    Awards Showcase

    SFA437's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baghdad / Long Island
    Posts
    13,599
    GeekBux
    842,985.22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    39
    Country
    iraq
    Region
    us new york


    Default

    Lemme lay it out for y'all here in words everyone can understand.....

    If ya screw up someone's PP account you're not going to like the outcome. I don't care if the account belongs to a dealer or a member. This isn't noobiness this is just flat out stupidity and the amount of damage a stupid person can do is insane.

    While this forum is more open to member input on how things get done than others I belong to, there are certain things we will NOT give any leeway on and this is one of them.
    Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á feti ganga framar
    því at óvist er at vita nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
    - Havamal 38

  16. #16
    Removed

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    831
    GeekBux
    45,286.00
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Default

    ******************REMINDER************************ ***


    Quote Originally Posted by SFA437 View Post
    Lemme lay it out for y'all here in words everyone can understand.....

    If ya screw up someone's PP account you're not going to like the outcome. I don't care if the account belongs to a dealer or a member. This isn't noobiness this is just flat out stupidity and the amount of damage a stupid person can do is insane.

    While this forum is more open to member input on how things get done than others I belong to, there are certain things we will NOT give any leeway on and this is one of them.
    ******************REMINDER************************ ***

  17. #17
    Bounced Email

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Endwell, NY
    Posts
    1,117
    GeekBux
    104,924.44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Country
    usa
    Region
    us new york


    Default


  18. #18
    Removed

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin Tx
    Posts
    126
    GeekBux
    7,846.00
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Country
    usa
    Region
    us texas


    Default

    Ok look.... It may be the bourbon talking here, but You want to know how this works? It works as thus:

    It is AUTOMATED first off!

    It works off a points type system kind of. But a points system is the easiest way to explain it It gives points for every flag raised not only during each single transaction but over the entire transaction history.

    If you have any word or model # connected with a heavily counterfeited brand (Rolex, LV, etc.) it immediately sends up a flag that looks for ANY other indicators that the transaction could be for a "flagged item". This is as simple as the word Rolex connected with a preset dollar amount.... say in between $75 and $350 (the thought to be normal threshold of rep prices). This automatically bumps the transaction up to the next level of software scrutiny. From here, it looks at the number of transactions and dollar threshold of each to see if the number of transactions bear larger scrutiny by a "warm body" here in Austin or in Omaha for a potential dealer or conduit of "flagged items". If all of the transaction subjects follow preset "safe transaction variable terms" then the account is deemed "safe". For example: if the word buckle or clasp is in the subject line of these transactions, the software sees this dollar amount as "ok" for the "alarm preset dollar threshold" And there are over 300 different word combinations that this software is looking for on EVERY transaction to root out payment for counterfeit goods.

    And it ONLY gets worse from there!!!! Again, for example: If the subject line or notes holds ANY of the "flagged item language indicators" or "flagged item preset web destination terms", meaning it has a link to a know site the may deal in questionable goods or mention words like fake, replica, etc, it will immediately lock down that account.


    There are geeks (not repgeeks mind you) who spend happy hours talking about how to catch our asses doing this. They find it FUN! So DO NOT give them any more ammo to screw us up!

  19. #19
    Elite Spartan

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    642
    GeekBux
    71,405.48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Country
    sweden
    Region
    se haelsingland


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenpath View Post
    There are geeks (not repgeeks mind you) who spend happy hours talking about how to catch our asses doing this. They find it FUN! So DO NOT give them any more ammo to screw us up!
    I was amazed the first time i encounterd the rephaters rage, i couldnt imagine how strong some of them feel for screwing us up or the energy they can put into it I almost thought some of them was willing to come visit me at home and stalk me until i destroyed all my reps

    Maybe they stopped because i live in the woods far from civilisation Evetually the emails stopped comming in..

    So please take this seriously.

  20. #20
    RepGeek.com Staff

    Awards Showcase

    wimpie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,179
    GeekBux
    27,697,207.80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    21
    Country
    netherlands
    Region
    european union


    Default

    Well said!

    Noobs like that make it that dealers wont take PP anymore and my only means is payment with paypal so i get screwed too!

    People that muck up other peoples PP should be banned across all forums!

  21. #21
    Elite Spartan

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    642
    GeekBux
    71,405.48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9
    Country
    sweden
    Region
    se haelsingland


    Default

    Every time i have to pay by western union/bank transfer etc.. I think about those morons destroying dealers paypal
    From Sweden every transfer costs around $20 to complete, Money i could have used for other things than increased my banks profit
    “Patience is passion tamed.”
    "I shall either find a way or make one."

    Hidden Content

  22. #22
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    100
    GeekBux
    14,242.79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenpath View Post
    Ok look.... It may be the bourbon talking here, but You want to know how this works? It works as thus:

    It is AUTOMATED first off!

    It works off a points type system kind of. But a points system is the easiest way to explain it It gives points for every flag raised not only during each single transaction but over the entire transaction history.

    If you have any word or model # connected with a heavily counterfeited brand (Rolex, LV, etc.) it immediately sends up a flag that looks for ANY other indicators that the transaction could be for a "flagged item". This is as simple as the word Rolex connected with a preset dollar amount.... say in between $75 and $350 (the thought to be normal threshold of rep prices). This automatically bumps the transaction up to the next level of software scrutiny. From here, it looks at the number of transactions and dollar threshold of each to see if the number of transactions bear larger scrutiny by a "warm body" here in Austin or in Omaha for a potential dealer or conduit of "flagged items". If all of the transaction subjects follow preset "safe transaction variable terms" then the account is deemed "safe". For example: if the word buckle or clasp is in the subject line of these transactions, the software sees this dollar amount as "ok" for the "alarm preset dollar threshold" And there are over 300 different word combinations that this software is looking for on EVERY transaction to root out payment for counterfeit goods.

    And it ONLY gets worse from there!!!! Again, for example: If the subject line or notes holds ANY of the "flagged item language indicators" or "flagged item preset web destination terms", meaning it has a link to a know site the may deal in questionable goods or mention words like fake, replica, etc, it will immediately lock down that account.


    There are geeks (not repgeeks mind you) who spend happy hours talking about how to catch our asses doing this. They find it FUN! So DO NOT give them any more ammo to screw us up!
    I newer knew it worked that way. I always thought that they get flagged when one of the parties starts a case/claim with PP. I never knew it went automatic.

    In the end, I could buy gen Rolex parts for the ~300$. But I do see the logic behind it.

  23. #23
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    123
    GeekBux
    22,478.21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkBachs View Post
    This includes member sales. If someone does this, I refuse the payment with a note that they have the wrong information. Putting comments that have anything to do with reps will compromise both seller and buyer accounts.

    Some people have no idea just how difficult it is to start a new PP account after being "banned." You need a new checking account, IP, address, email.... basically, their software is very good at sniffing out those that try to reopen a PP account and keeping you from getting back in.

    ottima osservazione

Similar Threads

  1. Paypal frozen accounts?
    By 3demon in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 10:26 AM
  2. Dealers that take paypal?
    By urbanshogun in forum Discuss General Watch Topics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 01:37 PM
  3. Dealers Who Take PayPal?
    By RedSoxMan in forum Discuss General Watch Topics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 11:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



About RepGeek

Replica Geek is a discussion & review forum for all fans of Replica Watches from around the World. Let's Chat About Replica Watches on Replica Geek.

RG Dealers