User Tag List

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Elite Spartan
    cala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    62
    GeekBux
    16,411.81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Region
    us texas


    Default Bezel insert paint on Explorer II

    Hi Folks, any suggestions on how to repaint the black bezel insert numbers on my Explorer II ? What paint should be used? Any suggestions in appreciated.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Elite Spartan
    Macarone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,010
    GeekBux
    113,854.78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Default

    In the past I used testors enamel found at local hobby shop.


    Come on, now.
    I hear you're feeling down.
    Well I can ease your pain,
    Get you on your feet again.

  3. #3
    Elite Spartan
    cala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    62
    GeekBux
    16,411.81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Region
    us texas


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macarone View Post
    In the past I used testors enamel found at local hobby shop.


    Come on, now.
    I hear you're feeling down.
    Well I can ease your pain,
    Get you on your feet again.
    Thanks, is that a marker like this: Testors Enamel Paint Marker-Gloss Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008CVNTL6..._YutlCbDSQFZ95



    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Elite Spartan
    Macarone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,010
    GeekBux
    113,854.78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Default

    Id go with the small bottle and paint brush for better results


    Come on, now.
    I hear you're feeling down.
    Well I can ease your pain,
    Get you on your feet again.

  5. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  6. #5
    Elite Spartan
    KJ2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,996
    GeekBux
    223,859.20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111
    Country
    usa


    Default

    Buy some thinner also, get a little ceramic bowl. Mix a small amount of paint and thinner together in a ratio of 4 drops thinner to 1 drop paint. Dip your brush into the mix, dab it on a piece of paper to drain away excess then dab the brush into a numeral cutout. The mix will run to the cutout limits, aid it along with the brush gently. Fill up the marker spaces. The thinner will evaporate out and leave you with very smooth level markers. Use a damp (not dripping) q-tip with alcohol to clean up excess on the insert surface before it dries. Don't let alcohol get into the cutouts. If some dries do the same but use thinner or acetone (goof off)
    Do more coats til you're satisfied with it. Keep stirring your mix as you work. About a teaspoon of mix will do all the cutouts.
    We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
  8. #6
    Elite Spartan
    cala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    62
    GeekBux
    16,411.81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Region
    us texas


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ2020 View Post
    Buy some thinner also, get a little ceramic bowl. Mix a small amount of paint and thinner together in a ratio of 4 drops thinner to 1 drop paint. Dip your brush into the mix, dab it on a piece of paper to drain away excess then dab the brush into a numeral cutout. The mix will run to the cutout limits, aid it along with the brush gently. Fill up the marker spaces. The thinner will evaporate out and leave you with very smooth level markers. Use a damp (not dripping) q-tip with alcohol to clean up excess on the insert surface before it dries. Don't let alcohol get into the cutouts. If some dries do the same but use thinner or acetone (goof off)
    Do more coats til you're satisfied with it. Keep stirring your mix as you work. About a teaspoon of mix will do all the cutouts.
    Absolutely amazing! You rock. I really appreciate the detailed explanation. I will follow each step carefully.

    Happy new year to you!

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  9. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
  10. #7
    Elite Spartan
    cala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    62
    GeekBux
    16,411.81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Region
    us texas


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ2020 View Post
    Buy some thinner also, get a little ceramic bowl. Mix a small amount of paint and thinner together in a ratio of 4 drops thinner to 1 drop paint. Dip your brush into the mix, dab it on a piece of paper to drain away excess then dab the brush into a numeral cutout. The mix will run to the cutout limits, aid it along with the brush gently. Fill up the marker spaces. The thinner will evaporate out and leave you with very smooth level markers. Use a damp (not dripping) q-tip with alcohol to clean up excess on the insert surface before it dries. Don't let alcohol get into the cutouts. If some dries do the same but use thinner or acetone (goof off)
    Do more coats til you're satisfied with it. Keep stirring your mix as you work. About a teaspoon of mix will do all the cutouts.
    Thanks once again, I've followed your instructions and I must say that I am very satisfied with the results:

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
  12. #8
    Elite Spartan
    KJ2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,996
    GeekBux
    223,859.20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111
    Country
    usa


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cala View Post
    Thanks once again, I've followed your instructions and I must say that I am very satisfied with the results:

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    That looks awesome bro, good as new.
    We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  13. #9
    Elite Spartan

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    42
    GeekBux
    11,755.19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Default

    Could u send more pics on it bro?
    Im thinking of doing it also. Are they waterproof? And do the paint smudge easily after undone em?

    Thanks bro! @cala

    - - - Updated - - -

    And also which testor paint color did u use?

  14. #10
    Elite Spartan
    cala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    62
    GeekBux
    16,411.81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Region
    us texas


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TYL88 View Post
    Could u send more pics on it bro?
    Im thinking of doing it also. Are they waterproof? And do the paint smudge easily after undone em?

    Thanks bro! @cala

    - - - Updated - - -

    And also which testor paint color did u use?
    If you use the instructions outlined above, you should have no problem cleaning the excess before it dries. Once it dries, I wont smudge. I am very satisfied and paint still holding strong inside the markers. I had to do many times, as I wanted to look perfect. Just take your time and use a very thin / small paint brush.

  15. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  16. #11
    Elite Spartan

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    42
    GeekBux
    11,755.19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Default

    How is the color of the black paint, is it matte or glossy? And what do u use to clean off the excess before it dries up? Yours looks really good bro! Well done! @cala

  17. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  18. #12
    Elite Spartan
    cala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    62
    GeekBux
    16,411.81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Region
    us texas


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TYL88 View Post
    How is the color of the black paint, is it matte or glossy? And what do u use to clean off the excess before it dries up? Yours looks really good bro! Well done! @cala
    Paper towel to clean off excess. Paint is glossy, very similar to one that comes from factory. Use Testors enamel paint as outlined in the post.

  19. #13
    Elite Spartan

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    42
    GeekBux
    11,755.19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Default

    Thanks for the info bro! Will def try it out. Hopefully it turns out as nice as yours!

  20. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  21. #14
    Elite Spartan
    cala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    62
    GeekBux
    16,411.81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Region
    us texas


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TYL88 View Post
    Thanks for the info bro! Will def try it out. Hopefully it turns out as nice as yours!
    Thanks and good luck!

  22. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  23. #15
    Elite Spartan

    Awards Showcase

    capice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    lowlands
    Posts
    3,784
    GeekBux
    355,158.03
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    31
    Region
    eu amsterdam


    Default

    nice job bro, looking really good.....

  24. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
  25. #16
    New Member
    candlebarium22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    68
    GeekBux
    10,517.90
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Default

    All my numerals faded away when I washed this Noob with soap.

    Got a Molotov tip and some rubbing alcohol.

    Painted numerals with Molotov.

    Then used a thicc piece of flat paper and applied a thin layer of rubbing alcohol into the paper.

    Wiped the excess paint off using the flat side of the paper.

    Done!

    Note: I'm still working on perfecting my craft. Takes several layers. Using waterproof paint is a better idea though, more time consuming but more resilient.



    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  26. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  27. #17
    New Member
    candlebarium22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    68
    GeekBux
    10,517.90
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Default

    Getting better! Paper edges are smudged with paint but it looks good for the money!

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  28. #18
    Removed

    Awards Showcase


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    19,008
    GeekBux
    2,070,664.26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Country
    usa
    Region
    us texas


    Default

    The black looks to flat it needs to be more glossy,

  29. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
  30. #19
    New Member
    candlebarium22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    68
    GeekBux
    10,517.90
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daytonadragon View Post
    The black looks to flat it needs to be more glossy,
    Noted! So the paint mentioned initially would do the trick instead of Molotov, it seems.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



About RepGeek

Replica Geek is a discussion & review forum for all fans of Replica Watches from around the World. Let's Chat About Replica Watches on Replica Geek.

RG Dealers