Trusty Time

User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Super Senior Member

    Awards Showcase

    JMS1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,386
    GeekBux
    408,547.13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Region
    european union
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Thanks Welcome Bot For Becoming A Member!

    Welcome Bot, has just joined us @RG

    Lets welcome them to the site.

    Thanks Welcome Bot, from the users of RG

    - - - Updated - - -

    On the serious note though, seems that the new bot that got implemented sparked a few controversies here and there

    Will it be a permanent function or the staff is just testing this feature?

    As this is the Comments & Suggestions field, my suggestion would be to fix the posts in a way that the new user is always mentioned and notified of existence of a new thread. I've seen quite a few posts in which the user is named in the title and post itself but is not mentioned, therefore if he's not using the What's New section he'll be pretty much unaware of the thread that just started.

    I am a bit worried with the quantity of welcome threads, though. Wouldn't like to see the forum spammed with welcome threads that no one is commenting in. But i'm eager to see how will this work out. If everything goes as it should, we'll have less lurkers and more active members... which i think was the staff's goal in the first place.

  2. #2
    Gentoo Geek
    AnthonyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    GeekBux
    23,240.51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country
    pirate
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMS1988 View Post

    On the serious note though, seems that the new bot that got implemented sparked a few controversies here and there

    Will it be a permanent function or the staff is just testing this feature?

    As this is the Comments & Suggestions field, my suggestion would be to fix the posts in a way that the new user is always mentioned and notified of existence of a new thread. I've seen quite a few posts in which the user is named in the title and post itself but is not mentioned, therefore if he's not using the What's New section he'll be pretty much unaware of the thread that just started.

    I am a bit worried with the quantity of welcome threads, though. Wouldn't like to see the forum spammed with welcome threads that no one is commenting in. But i'm eager to see how will this work out. If everything goes as it should, we'll have less lurkers and more active members... which i think was the staff's goal in the first place.

    So where is the supposed "controversies" posted at, as i've only seen you post about hte welcome bot?

    As the bot dont post in this forum, im not sure why your pointing this forum out?

    The user is notified, once they verify their email by clicking on the link in the verification email they get directed to their thread.

  3. #3
    Super Senior Member

    Awards Showcase

    JMS1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,386
    GeekBux
    408,547.13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Region
    european union
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    So where is the supposed "controversies" posted at, as i've only seen you post about hte welcome bot?

    As the bot dont post in this forum, im not sure why your pointing this forum out?

    The user is notified, once they verify their email by clicking on the link in the verification email they get directed to their thread.
    By controversies, i meant the DragonSlayer’s welcome post.

    This subforum is the comments & suggestions subforum therefore, as i wanted to discuss the Welcome Bot, i’ve started the thread here.

    The notification thing, i did not know.

  4. #4
    Gentoo Geek
    AnthonyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    GeekBux
    23,240.51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country
    pirate
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It wasn't a controversy if you had read the 1st welcome post; before i played that joke on him, it would make more sense to you.

    Thanks ThomasCrown For Becoming A Member!


    The whole point of the Welcome thread is to let the user know that its appreciated that they joined the site.

    There is a very LOW number of users that actually post in the intro forum to announce themselves to the site & members.

  5. #5
    Gentoo Geek
    AnthonyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    GeekBux
    23,240.51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country
    pirate
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Added Note:

    I tested the mention in the bot text yesterday, it dont/wont trigger it, i actually wanted it to, as that is a stand alone system, not a part of the welcome system, thinking about it more now, that would be redundant like the original welcome PM, which is now disabled as well.

  6. #6
    Super Senior Member

    Awards Showcase

    JMS1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,386
    GeekBux
    408,547.13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Region
    european union
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    Added Note:

    I tested the mention in the bot text yesterday, it dont/wont trigger it, i actually wanted it to, as that is a stand alone system, not a part of the welcome system, thinking about it more now, that would be redundant like the original welcome PM, which is now disabled as well.
    Thanks for the update.

  7. #7
    Elite Spartan
    AP_VC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,754
    GeekBux
    358,515.31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I definitely would suggest removing the welcome bot thread from the "New Post" feature as it would make it quite hard to follow for those of us who use this feature daily.

  8. #8
    Elite Spartan
    4000ft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    764
    GeekBux
    48,684.69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country
    australia
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It's made the new posts function practically useless, right now 25 of 30 new posts on the first page are welcome posts.

  9. #9
    RepGeek.com Staff

    Awards Showcase

    mysterio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,188
    GeekBux
    3,464,327.95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Country
    philippines
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4000ft View Post
    It's made the new posts function practically useless, right now 25 of 30 new posts on the first page are welcome posts.
    My bad, that was me if you cared to check the poster. Did not realize there were so many new members that I have not welcomed. But then again, if there are so many welcome posts on the first page, then might I suggest clicking on the second or the third page until you find what you're looking for? Or the specific section if it is to be found there. Lots of ways to go around the particular inconvenience.

  10. #10
    Gentoo Geek
    AnthonyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    GeekBux
    23,240.51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country
    pirate
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AP_VC View Post
    I definitely would suggest removing the welcome bot thread from the "New Post" feature as it would make it quite hard to follow for those of us who use this feature daily.

    Didnt mean to index the welcome posts, ill remove the indexing of the welcome bots posts later.

  11. #11
    Elite Spartan
    AP_VC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,754
    GeekBux
    358,515.31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    Didnt mean to index the welcome posts, ill remove the indexing of the welcome bots posts later.
    Ok awesome, thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Leaving feedback for member to member deals not done through For Sale forum?
    By jonsydney in forum Discuss General Watch Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 06:51 AM
  2. elite spartan? new member? member? senior member? how does it work?
    By watchguyusa1 in forum Discuss General Watch Topics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 12:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



About RepGeek

Replica Geek is a discussion & review forum for all fans of Replica Watches from around the World. Let's Chat About Replica Watches on Replica Geek.

RG Dealers