PDA

View Full Version : Self Interview of "Coyote-6"

SFA437
01-31-2009, 10:20 AM
(Q) So, what got you into rep watches to start off with?

(A) Well I had a few gens that were getting the dogs**t beaten out of them and stumbled across RepGeek and kinda hung around. I've since sold most of my gens and stick to reps.

(Q) How has your experience here been?

(A) It's been great. Met a lot of great people, acquired some really nice reps. The only downside is all the crowing about Panerai, it's not like they're Breitlings or anything!

(Q) You and a few others have gotten tags saying "VIP Concierge" how did that come about?

(A) I have absolutely no clue but it is waaaay cool :D We started giving away GeekBux enmasse for VIP upgrades and it sort of happened.

(Q) What are your feelings on VIP membership?

(A) Well my posts kind of speak for themselves, but since this is an interview, I'll let loose. I think if you haven't upgraded to VIP yet you're a fookin moron. I think everyone who has bought a watch from a member here or based on a review owes it to Sparta.

(Q) You work in Iraq, what are the people's thoughts on reps there?

(A) There is a MASSIVE rep market here, however they are all of Canal St. quality. I have turned quite a few of our higher ranking Iraqis onto the whole rep scene. Even thinking about opening a shop here in what was the IZ.

(Q) How did you get into your current line of work?

(A) I was a cop in NC for 12 years and ran into a buddy from my Army days who went SFOD-D. He was attached to the DoD and asked if I was interested in coming over. 3 weeks later I was on a plane inbound. Been here ever since.

(Q) So what are you doing right now?

(A) Nursing a massive hangover. One should never, under any circumstances, attempt to keep up with the SAS when it comes to drinking beer. You will lose- epic failure!

(Q) Sounds like being there is fun...

(A) It is. Oddly enough I enjoy my time here and I enjoy working with the Iraqis assigned to me (they can party with the best of them!!). Intel analysis is as much an art as it is science and acting as essentially a Field Training Officer for these young swinging Richards over here is a blast.

(Q) You've recently closed the "Do Something Good Today" thread. How come?

(A) Starting in March I'm going to be reassigned and probably be working in another area. I'm also leaving the country in early July. People here have been amazing with their show of support for our efforts and it is definitely appreciated.

(Q) You've hinted at packages going to Anubis- smuggling contraband?

(A) Heck no. They're cartons of Gauloises reds. Figure anytime you can pass some baksheesh to the god of the underworld you need to do so. Might keep you off that rotisserie he keeps :D

(Q) Do you have any favorite members?

(A) Of course. There are a lot of people here I would call "friend" and would hoist a cold one with any day of the week. Of course there are members I interact with more. There is one member however who I can't stand. Dave123 got me into Breitlings and I'll never forgive him for that- costs me buttloads of money :lol:

(Q) Where did your callsign "Coyote-6" come from?

(A) It came to me by way of my wife. She calls me Wile E Coyote- I have a habit of doing things that come apart at high velocity. When I first deployed she packed a stuffed Wile E into my kit bag. My CO was the first one to point at it and say "That's you" back in late 2003. It's stuck ever since.

(Q) Give us some examples...

(A) Trying to reignite a smouldering BBQ with a glass quart jar of lacquer thinner comes to mind. Using a dishwasher to remove cosmoline from rifle parts after they were soaked in kerosene is another. Following setting the dishwasher on fire, using the bathtub to attempt same (cosmoline sticks to EVERYTHING). Using an artillery simulator and a recording of a C-RAM alert to scare the s**t out of someone banging his girlfriend in the middle of the IZ. Also note I only have 9 fingers :lol:

(Q) Do you have other hobbies besides watches?

(A) Sure do, building a rep Aston Martin DBS on a Jaguar frame and custom built a suspension system for a Jeep Wrangler once. I love cars, from vintage to modern and always liked tinkering. I also do high end custom gunsmithing and collect classic S&W, Colt and Winchester firearms. I also am very into N gauge trains.

(Q) What do you have in your watchbox right now that you would never part with?

(A) It's my Desert Storm Flav/YGG PAM. That piece will be in my family until the end of time itself. Beyond the beauty of the watch, there is a lot of meaning attached to it and it's part of who I am now.

(Q) Last question- what does Sparta mean to you?

(A) Sparta has become for me an escape from the world. It's someplace I can go, sit down and discuss any topic under the sun with friends. It's someplace that has expanded my knowledge and has advanced my favorite hobby. Most of all though, Sparta for me is HOME.

ajoesmith
01-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Very interesting read, thanks for sharing

john61
01-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Great self interview! I really enjoyed it. Plus I got to learn a bit more about an outstanding member here :D However in these uncertain economic times, some cut backs have been made. Here is a pic of your flight home:

http://foreignerinformosa.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/wile_e_coyote.jpg

SFA437
01-31-2009, 11:12 AM
...... in these uncertain economic times, some cut backs have been made. Here is a pic of your flight home:

http://foreignerinformosa.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/wile_e_coyote.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

FiFi
01-31-2009, 01:18 PM
A great insight into a great member!

SFA437
01-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the comments guys and (may Dave forgive me) I finally caved into Matt's unyielding support of the Panerai and ordered a 036 :D

Best part is it's going to have a LifterCatcher skull & crossbones strap made from a magazine pouch removed from someone who no longer needed it.

Medenblik
01-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Great Read..................from a great MEMBER

SFA437
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks brother!

Wearing that blue SOSF right now :D

SFA437
02-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Unenlightened, self-interest, look at me bump :lol:

Anubis
02-01-2009, 11:52 PM
:lol:

I hadn't heard the word baksheesh in a very long time.....

Nice interview, but you really should see someone..talking to yourself can't be all that healthy.

:lol:

SFA437
02-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Nice interview, but you really should see someone..talking to yourself can't be all that healthy.

It is a habit of the wise. We choose the most intelligent individual present to converse with :D

Anubis
02-02-2009, 12:08 AM
alright, alright, I confess. I talk to myself all the time...:lol:

FiFi
02-02-2009, 01:39 AM
Anubis talks to me, too.

SFA437
02-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Anubis inhabits my dreams- ergo the cartons of Gauloises.

Think you must too Matt- I just bought a ^%@#$^@ Panerai :lol:

breitlingb1
02-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Yep, your a badass alright.

Breitlings are the best, but even I have 2 111's and a fiddy. Those are a must have in my book......

Flashman
02-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Would be great to see some pics of the rep DBS!!

rAc
02-02-2009, 11:47 PM
sparrtaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:sparta:

SFA437
02-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Would be great to see some pics of the rep DBS!!

Right now all the parts are in a box and I have a semi-wrecked XJ8 under a car cover. It's my "when I come home" project

Flashman
02-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Right now all the parts are in a box and I have a semi-wrecked XJ8 under a car cover. It's my "when I come home" project

You will have to let me know where you got the kit from (I'm guessing it is the old style DBS not the current one), I have been looking for one for years but to no avail. If only they would come out with a DB5 or 6 kit, now that would be sweet. Will have to get the AC Cobra kit next year for the classic touch.

SFA437
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
There ya go:

http://www.carkitinc.com/ash.php

Flashman
02-03-2009, 09:38 AM
That is soooo cool! The XK8s are getting really cheap here, what an amazing project. Looks pretty bang on for a good Vanquish rep.Good luck with it and remember to post pics! A local company to me is repping the Lambos pretty well and they build kits based on 1:1 body mouldings. http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/ They say on the rep sites that they are working on an AM too.

Bob_Bean
02-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Brilliant!!

louisruby
02-03-2009, 10:49 AM
fun interview sfa, nice to have those like you in Sparta. Come home safe and soon!

SFA437
02-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks for all the cool comments.

Just what I needed too- more inflation of my ego :lol:

Brightlight
02-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Great interview SFA! And love the Aston Martin project. I used to be into restoring old/damaged cars (Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite, Triumph TR2, TR3A, burnt out RangeRover) and motorbikes (1967 BSA 650 built up from scrap and new parts bought from the police in a 3rd world country), great fun. Haven't done it for quite a while though, this damn country is too wet and cold! Now I just answer damn fool questions like "Dad my car is making a sort of rattling noise, what can it be?" or "I can't get this bolt off my starter motor and now I've rounded the head" (rents arc welder, tacks on a nut, job done! Didn't do my back any good lying in the damp under a car though...). So never let your kids see you doing this sort of thing or it will come back to haunt you :eek:

Dave123
02-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks for putting this up,sfa.....

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/repgeek/Yawn.gif

SFA437
02-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Once I'm out of the sandbox for good I'll be posting pics on the ultimate modding project- how to turn a Jag XK series into a pretty good looking Aston-Martin rep :D

Thanks again for the comments too- just a peek inside at the scrambled eggs inside my head :lol:

misterheartless
02-12-2009, 12:07 AM
A great read. Great definition of Sparta. It's a pleasure to be amongst such good company and hearty hello from exit 62 off the L.I.E.

SFA437
02-12-2009, 07:51 AM
A great read. Great definition of Sparta. It's a pleasure to be amongst such good company and hearty hello from exit 62 off the L.I.E.

Are you going to the Atalntic City GTG on the 21st? I'm planning on going with the wife, going to be my 2nd that Novesh has organized.

Of ocurse now the time has changed to 2030 and I'll probably reserve a room. Gotta get the cute 1/2 to work on a sitter now :D

Blobe
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
self interview, is it like masturbating?

SFA437
02-13-2009, 07:37 AM
self interview, is it like masturbating?

If it was my total would be close to 1000 self interviews this month alone :lol::lol::lol::lol:

john61
02-13-2009, 08:10 AM
If it was my total would be close to 1000 self interviews this month alone :lol::lol::lol::lol:

1000 / 13 = Calloused hands. Severely calloused!!! :lol:

SFA437
02-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I dont have fingerprints left :lol::lol::lol:

Mudcat
02-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Awesome stuff - nothing but love for you buddy

racedezert
03-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Great read! Thanks for the enlightenment :)

VGHM player
03-06-2009, 11:28 PM
come back safe and healthy, thanks for the read also

love to see you pics of the vanquish when you are done with her :cool: ;)

ramirez
09-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Great Interview... Great Read... Great Member... all around nice guy. If you have not participated in any of the raffles SFA has run you are truly missing out. Great causes but his sense of humor is worth the price of participation alone.

Thanks SFA

danzeman22
10-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Great interview, super read really enjoyed it :) Thanks SFA

mikeyriz1024
02-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Good read.

Champagne InHnad
01-09-2014, 04:49 AM
Man that was a great read. I was in DS/DS myself, though spent most of it working in the ISR (Burn Unit) at BAMC. I have some friends at SOFredcircle, as I am sure you do as well. We have lost a lot of good people. I have seen to much of it, but try to get by. I myself was infected while deployed in 1993. Just keeping busy tending to grapes and suck these days Be well my friend. Stay lead free.

Helldiver
08-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Another nice interview. Hope coyote is still doing well. Would love to see a pic of the desert storm PAM.