PDA

View Full Version : Review of ROLEX Submariner WM9 v2, The new King of Rolex replicas, the "best Sub"

By-Tor
01-26-2009, 03:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eVpsASn.jpg

Okay, here it is... the "Super Sub v2". Watchmaker9 and bklm1234 have squeezed out a remarkable 16610. Actually, the version 1 was the revolutionary one, which already took the 16610 to another level. Version 2 just improves the "missing bits". Personally, I think this is more like an "upgrade" rather than completely new watch.

People who currently own the v1 don't have to bury their head in the sand. It's still an excellent replication, fundamentally the same watch as this... and I don't think it's even necessary to upgrade unless you're a hardcore Rolex freak.

READ THE REVIEW OF WM9 version 1 HERE (http://anonym.to/?http://www.rwg.cc/members/Review-ROLEX-Submariner-t84238.html)

I was more than satisfied with the v1, and I thought long and hard trading it and upgrading to v2. But at the end of the day I couldn't resist these small but extremely nice improved details that the v2 version carries.

http://i.imgur.com/7lK12gn.jpg

The most significant improvement on the v2 is the dial, which has gen-like superluminova hour indices. What I really liked about the v1 was the "Flat S", which represented rarer 16610 dial variation very nicely. Unfortunately the new WM9's come with standard S, which (of course) is just as accurate.

While the v1 dial was very good, I gotta admit the v2 dial is simply superb. The font looks excellent, even in the macro shots I've taken. WM9 v2's from bk have Clark Crystals, which fixes the oversized etched coronet problem. The date font and magnification are perfect.

http://i.imgur.com/NzFBuHm.jpg

I was really impressed when I put the watch side-by-side with my genuine Rolex GMT Master II. The luminous abilities are 100% identical. As you can see the (much improved) bezel pearl has been superlumed as well.

http://i.imgur.com/6ogYhRQ.jpg

The crown is a bit oversized, which (along with SELs that are only 95% correct) remain pretty much the only remaining flaws on the v2 (besides the vertical crown position). Coronet on the bracelet clasp is perfect as well, and the operation is sturdy and very gen-like. This was also the first Rolex replica (that I've seen) that has an extra link for gigantic wrists. I had to remove one link for my '8 wrist. Another upgraded detail is the hollow link bracelet (v1 had inaccurate solid middle links).

http://i.imgur.com/QMHiD0d.jpg

The wrist presence is superb. It was actually superb in the v1 already, but the super luminova and improved pearl are something that a Rolex WIS will notice right away.

http://i.imgur.com/kGF4GQ8.jpg

Magically, the WM9 reps seem to fix things that we have always complained about. Ubiquitous bought his Yacht-Master just recently, which is ridiculously better than any of the previous versions. I'm sure the upcoming Sea Dweller will be an instant smash hit as well. People have awaited for a good replication of the 16600 for years. All the previous Chinese replications have been very disappointing but now we at least have hope.

I haven't praised dealers a lot in my articles, because most of our sellers always have access to the same quality reps anyway. I'll make an exception with bklm1234, because he's not just a "dealer". These watches go through quality control and get even more additional improvements by him (like the Clark Crystal on my watch). BK has estabilished himself in all replica forums with his excellent communication, knowledge and superb products. If you're looking for a replica Rolex, don't even think about ordering from anyone else. BK can get the absolutely best reps of every modern Rolex model, including the legendary Noobfactory Explorer II's. I'm not recommending him because he's my friend or anything, just stating a fact here.

Without a doubt this is the best ever Rolex replica, and features like the super luminova dial must put make WM9v2 one the top-5 replicas ever released. I'm really happy with the watch and it finalizes my Rolex collection nicely.

"Who has the best Sub?" has always been the biggest cliché of the replica forums... a question that we never have been able to answer easily... a bit like Monty Python's "What's the meaning of life?" Now we finally we have an answer (for the first question).

Many thanks to my mate Watcher for the "delivery help". A great guy, great member, great WIS. I hope you all liked this review, it was a pleasure to write and photograph.

http://i.imgur.com/lLOcjNI.jpg

Review by By-Tor.

b16a2
01-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Great review By-tor. It is good to finally have a Submariner around that can be bought without having to sacrfice one flaw only to get another one.

As soon as the UK/US dollar rate imrpoves Il be ordering one....finally a challenger and crown stealer of the best rep divers watch ever....the SOSF!

By-Tor
01-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks man. ;)

HERE (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/BT2112/web.jpg) is quick and dirty gen vs. rep dial comparison (gen on the left). My photo has been taken from different angle.

ROLEX and "m" in 300m aren't perfect, but everything else is very close, even the coronet and the new style "S" in SUBMARINER... which mimics the D-serial Sub dial. Also the thicker, new D-serial dial print has been done nicely.

ezod
01-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Great review!
Finally, we can answer "Who has the best Sub?".
Now we can definitively say 'Bklm1234' does.

Mudcat
01-26-2009, 04:56 PM
As always, your review is fantastic. It's information like this that lead to my recent aquision of a WM9 V2 for another member.

I am salivating for it's arrival.

Thanks again and it's good to see you back.

Zackb911
01-26-2009, 05:03 PM
It is indeed a beaut and great review!

I wish I was in on the pre-order...

NokiaN95
01-26-2009, 05:08 PM
i spent allmost 1G this month. but damn i wish i had this one.

submersible24g
01-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I wish i could take pics like that. If anyone has any reservations about this one they are just plain old stupid. This watch is the POO!

So get a big whiff.......

Marty
01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
i spent allmost 1G this month. but damn i wish i had this one.

NokiaN,

I feel your pain. I am gonna end up getting in dutch with the wife because I keep telling her "this is the last one". I am definitely selling a few of my reps to offset the cost of this baby.

Will be posting a pic of my DSN Pam soon to get the funding going.

S/F Marty

Gilbou
01-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Now my boys, this is what a review is properly called :)

bklm1234
01-26-2009, 06:36 PM
thanks by-tor for the compliments. Excellent review and pics as usual.

-bk

jiro
01-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Excellent review on great time piece~!!!

And some amazing shots....wow~!

I thought I was done with these subs.......but I guess not... :D

Great job, BT~! ;)

By-Tor
01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks Jiro... glad you liked the photos.

Yeah... I always say the same thing: "This is the last Sub I will ever buy"... then the next one comes up. :D

As I said, the WM9 v1 was really good Sub already... but being the geek that I am I had to get this upgraded version.

Now I don't know how it'd be realistically possible to make it better... besides changing the gen crown... I heard a rumor that they're going to upgrade the crown position, using different movement... but that's going to raise the price even more, and frankly I don't really care about that.

mb7000
01-26-2009, 11:14 PM
As always, your review is fantastic. It's information like this that lead to my recent aquision of a WM9 V2 for another member.

I am salivating for it's arrival.

Thanks again and it's good to see you back.

So, you lucked out and bought Burleys watch. Good catch. :)

mb7000
01-26-2009, 11:18 PM
The crown does not look that bad in your pictures, but bk's custom crown will make this watch a 10.

NOW IF I CAN JUST GET A WOMAN THIS CLOSE TO PERFECT.

frogman
01-27-2009, 02:25 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "by-tor your reviews are the reason I really got into this hobby!" Thank you sir for taking the time to post such amazing work. BK is the Rollie master, and you are the Review Master....PERIOD!

FROGMAN

By-Tor
01-27-2009, 04:01 AM
Thanks a lot guys. These words mean a lot to me, and encourage me to do more articles.

As a hobbyist photographer I always want to "show off" my work... but honestly, the biggest inspiration for me has always been the membership feedback. When people say they find the reviews useful, that's the real prize.

Thanks again.

racer0023
01-27-2009, 04:42 AM
I have a gen tt sub and was going to buy a gen ss sub since used watch prices have plummeted, now I can't justify the expense with BK's perfect wm9 offering. GREAT job ByTor on the review and pics as usual!!

mbw163
01-27-2009, 05:30 AM
By-tor,

Thank you for this review and the pics! :thumbup::thumbup: and :applause:

For the past few days I have been glued to Repgeek seeing when others like you would post up pics of their newly acquired Wm9 V2 Sub. It makes me feel confident in my purchase/pre-order of my WM9 V2 LV Sub, but at the same time I'm really anxious for mine to arrive... Even though it won't be here until late March to April according to BK.

Please post up more info (if you find any more) as you proudly wear that SUB!

By-Tor
01-27-2009, 08:04 AM
The small ladies' ETA / Seagull (whatever it is) seems to be an excellent timekeeper. +2 / 24h.

Does anyone remember what was the exact model number of the movement again?

Gilbou
01-27-2009, 08:38 AM
The small ladies' ETA / Seagull (whatever it is) seems to be an excellent timekeeper. +2 / 24h.

Does anyone remember what was the exact model number of the movement again?

Quoting BK :

Yes, these come with 2678-2. 2678-2 is indeed a smaller movement used in ladies' watches. It's in no way an inferior movement. It has the same beat rate and power reserve. The plus is there's no chance for it to be a fake ETA 'cause none exists for 2678-2. wm9 will ensure the overall weight of the watch is as close to gen's by use of a proper weighted movement ring, no less than other versions with 2836-2. I'm also hoping 2678-2 has better, more even datewheel because I have seen enough 2836-2's that don't have every date square in the date window.

murdoch
01-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Great review By-Tor!!!

And awesome pics.

I've never considered a sub before... I do now :)

By-Tor
01-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Quoting BK :

Yes, these come with 2678-2. 2678-2 is indeed a smaller movement used in ladies' watches. It's in no way an inferior movement. It has the same beat rate and power reserve. The plus is there's no chance for it to be a fake ETA 'cause none exists for 2678-2. wm9 will ensure the overall weight of the watch is as close to gen's by use of a proper weighted movement ring, no less than other versions with 2836-2. I'm also hoping 2678-2 has better, more even datewheel because I have seen enough 2836-2's that don't have every date square in the date window.

Thanks... I have missed this information. Good to know it's genuine ETA (although I've never had problems with Asian movements, either). :thumbup:

TShoot
01-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Great write-up and pics By-Tor. I think I am going to have to get one now - dang it. I thought I could resist the urge but I think I'm caving.

luckyman
01-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Excellent review as always BT. It's because of reviews like these that make this hobby real worth-while. ;)

By-Tor
01-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Excellent review as always BT. It's because of reviews like these that make this hobby real worth-while. ;)

Thanks guys.

It's also watches like this that make this hobby worthwhile. ;)

It's actually quite amazing that they finally made the Sub right... I think most people had given up the hope already.

Questions
01-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Great review mate.

blix
01-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Great review, really enjoyed reading it. As for the sub, it's still a shame the crown is still to big.

By-Tor
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Great review, really enjoyed reading it. As for the sub, it's still a shame the crown is still to big.

You can always wait for the update. bk has new crowns coming, in 30 days or so.

We're not talking about huge margins here. This (http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4562/64303630me6.jpg) picture shows the actual size difference. It's the "hat" part that's taller on the rep.

blix
01-29-2009, 04:03 PM
You can always wait for the update. bk has new crowns coming, in 30 days or so.

We're not talking about huge margins here. This (http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4562/64303630me6.jpg) picture shows the actual size difference. It's the "hat" part that's taller on the rep.

I know. But this will be my first rep, and I'm a perfectionist, so If there's a possibility to get it "that much" closer to the gen, I'm going for it. But BK hasn't even replied to my PM yet, so I'll probably go for the upgrade either way.

(5-6 week waiting list, autch! :lol:)

By-Tor
02-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Ok, here's an additional "wintersque" wrist shot for you.

Lovin' this Sub. ;)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/bytor2112/Wrist%20shots/IMG_0939.jpg

Verbal Kint
06-03-2009, 02:49 PM
THANKS to you He-Man, i have this one on my wrist right now!!!

BIG THANKS for this review mr B.

Questions
06-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Good thing I read this thread, I was about to ask the same question.

Now who is WBK and WM9 and how do I order from them?

fleed
06-05-2009, 06:45 PM
thank you for ygreour great review,...make me want this sub too.

Fairtime
06-06-2009, 12:32 AM
What a review! This is just cognitive consonance - feeling even better that I have the BK sub!! Thanks By-Tor. :cheesy: :cheesy:

P_Diddy
07-28-2009, 10:03 PM
How can the SELs be improved?
I have noticed that there is a 'very small' but noticeable gap on the sides of the bracelet where it joins the watch head. :D

....which (along with SELs that are only 95% correct) remain pretty much the only remaining flaws on the v2 .........

Emperor Penguin
07-31-2009, 06:14 AM
Does the V2 have the correct raised crystal?

JohnDorian
08-02-2009, 07:13 PM
I believe the V1 and V2 both have the correct raised crystal as well as the Euromariner. I think only the Noobmariner has the problem with the crystal profile.

wantwatches
08-03-2009, 05:47 PM
So is the ultimaten sub available now or in March?

Thinking this is a NICE damn watch

lowprofile
08-04-2009, 07:11 AM
2 months usually

COMMODORE
08-05-2009, 05:14 AM
Great analysis of this beautiful Rolex you're a genius. no doubt .. dear friend, I wanted to buy an equal. Where I Can Buy? I hope your kind and wise response. in my humble opinion is the best rolex rep. thanks and congratulations

COMMODORE
08-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Great analysis of this beautiful Rolex you're a genius. no doubt .. dear friend, I wanted to buy an equal. Where I Can Buy? I hope your kind and wise response. in my humble opinion is the best rolex rep. thanks and congratulations

COMMODORE
08-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Great write-up and pics By-Tor. I think I am going to have to get one now - dang it. I thought I could resist the urge but I think I'm caving.

I wanted to buy an equal. Where I Can Buy?

p-lund
08-14-2009, 01:42 PM
hi i am new on this forum and i have just been interested in replicawatches, and i am just about to purchase my first watch. i saw your rewiew of the rolex sub.WM9v2, and i would like to know where to buy it. does the guy who sells these also have other modells in stock with the same high quality ? hope you can answer soon. would also have information on other reliable dealers. all information welkome. p-lund

djscotie
08-17-2009, 12:45 PM
The seller of the WM9 V2 is BKLM1234. You can find his section on the homepage of the forum.

PM him directly if you would like to purchased a watch. People also buy watches from other sources and send them to him for modding.

cpark352
09-17-2009, 08:31 AM
that looks hot i want one

Rolex0815
05-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Great review, man! Please more from this...

bjucko@gmail.com
06-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Great review!

umaz662
06-18-2013, 11:03 PM
brill

medPhreak
06-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Classic post. Many props to By-Tor!!

mP

Turbo350z
06-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Wish they were still around.

oriontuition
07-13-2013, 03:43 PM
This Roller is beautiful! My 1st Seiko is like a copy of this !

mysfit
12-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Nice review

Berlin
05-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Ty for Review

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk