PDA

View Full Version : Trusted Dealer Interview: Toro Bravo Round 2!! (4/2014)

P4GTR
04-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Toro is an interesting dude, with a great sense of humor. Check out this 2nd interview. If you enjoyed it, post some comments to show your support!

So whats an average work day like for you?
Itīs a team work. Also involves stress from deals that go wrong and I want to make it right. I always have breakfast first before start read forums and emails, otherwise I might loose my appetite. I would say I am active on business all day, I have no time table for that, and I really enjoy what I do. Emails PMīs questions and answers, several types of payment handlings, also a lot of reasearch for the hobby, than comes the aftersales service and quality checking which also involves many hours. Than the executive work of the team, qc pics, and many many pics than the easiest is package making.

Does everyone smoke over in China?
Not everyone. Itīs a sign of sympathy if somebody offers you a cigarette, I guess itīs a cultural thing. And you are cool if you take it. Even if you are a non smoker, just for the gesture

Do you smoke?
I smoke cigars occasionally and cigarettes when Iīm drunk

I just imagine H factory boss with 70's style clothing, cigarette always hanging out of his mouth saying "no return. No parts"
They dress pretty normal and we donīt know too much about their private lives. Itīs not a thing that we should ask or be curious about, and I donīt know what else to say to complete this question.

Yeah, that was a strange question. Maybe it shouldn't have made the cut.

Whoīs the most difficult "factory" to deal with? Easiest?
From my experience to be connected makes everything. We, forum vendors are the factories most valuable customers. (I donīt believe in that theory that they have these mystery customers outside of the forums placing big orders and we, forum/internet guys are just a small fraction of their buyers)
So, if you are a good customer for them, making numbers and results, they will treat you good as well, but donīt ask the impossible.

Do the major rep makers know about or read the forums at all?
Yes. Definitely and we are talking about it many times with them.

Who's your best customer?
The dutch.

Ever have any strange requests?
Oh boy. I think the top one

Share it with us?

Once I had somebody complaining that he received the watch and the watch is too cold, so I asked what can I do, and I donīt understand the question, that the watch is cold... than he insisted that I was stupid and the watch is too cold, than I told him than put it in the microwave... He eventually did...
The other one complaining that the watch he received is not original itīs a fake, I think it was an Omega. And why I didnīt tell him it was a fake. In both situations I thought first that it was some kind of joke, but it wasnīt. Since that day I put in my terms and conditions that the articles we are selling are not genuine.

What did you have for dinner last night?
Short ribs with asparagus, made by myself

What watch are you wearing right now?
Iīm wearing a Geonaute easy and light for home, gym, swim

What are you wearing right now? Boxers or briefs?
Always boxers. I saw that on a Seinfeld episode back in the 90īs, itīs still in my mind. Boxers, never briefs

Great episode. Would you rate Seinfeld as one of the top 3 tv shows of all time? Top 5?

It depends how we look at it. I started to watch Seinfeld in the early 90īs when I was a young man, and basically I learned english from those episodes, so it means a lot to me. So, to answer your question, for me yes, itīs inside the all time Top 5. Cannot compare with todayīs sitcoms, there were different times with no smart phones and celullars.

Do you drink alcohol?
Moderately, yes.

Last song you played on your iphone/mp3?
Itīs a very old David Bowie shĄt that you would probably never listen to.

Favorite rep right now?
Tudor.

Do you have one?

No, All sold out, a friend of mine literally took it off from my wrist and had to sell it to him..

I have one coming today from M2M sales. I'm more excited, knowing you highly regard it.

Last movie you watched and thought was pretty good?
Sharks in Venice with this other Baldwin guy, itīs an amazing movie!
NOT, haha.

Now seriously I saw Stand up guys the other day. Al Pacino and Christopher Walken. I must say I dropped a tear. You should watch that!

I heard Sharks in Venice was scored by David Bowie, just saying. Stand Up guys was good! Pacino and Walken, how could it not be?

Still trying to make AP hornbacks as good as me? Pretty big pain in the ass isn't it?
Oh yes. My purpose is to reach the quality of Jacob

Ouch! That one stung. I'm taking that as you ribbing me with a leftover short rib, but I'm left wondering if that was in fact tongue-in-cheek...

Do you know any Americans that make a living selling reps?
Americans? WBK I guess, I know him from the forums only.

Where's the damn AP bracelets?
They will make the new bracelet for the AP, the current one is discontinued. It will take at least a year I think.

I've been selling my watch collection off and buying guitars. If there was a rep that I should make an exception for and absolutely must buy, which one would it be?
I meet very often these kind of questions which doesnīt have a correct answer as it depends on your taste. There are a plenty of watches quite close to perfection, so it only depends on you.

If you could be any place in the world right now for a week, where would you choose?
I think Alaska, never been there

If you could own any watch in the world, what would you pick?
Some grand complication stuff that I could never afford, but can I sell it after I pick it? That is my question, than Iīll choose an ugly one.

No T, you can't get some grand master tourby just to hock it. How about just a modest WIS choice? Something attainable and could be worn daily.

I donīt know how to respond these questions which probably need a few days of thinking. I may tell you now something but than tomorrow change my mind. Itīs like one of my friends asked me what would you do if you had one million dollars right now. Well, first probably I will have a coffee and think about what to do Donīt worry if I had it, it wonīt be a problem thinking what to do

Why do the English dip french fries in Mayonnaise? How does this make you feel?
Is this a joke from Florida? Iīve been there somebody asked me similar question than he said winner winner chicken dinner. It makes me feel indifferent

Two nights ago (after the interview was already complete), I send a IM to Toro asking him what he's doing... He says "Dipping french fries in mayonnaise". I imagine him saying it like Jerry, standing in his kitchen with a smirk on his face.. About to offer me a Snapple. I fell asleep before I could reply.

There you have it. Let's hear it for Toro Bravo!

youssuel
04-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Great and fun interview. Toro is a top guy!

nuwanda
04-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Fun interview. Seinfeld rocks!

chas1133
04-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Good time..now if he would just answer my pm's...:lol:

Carrera906
04-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Enjoyed the read - I've done a lot of business with Toro recently.

I've got lots of guitars and watches! :cool:

bruisedknux
04-24-2014, 12:09 AM
very nice interview. makes me feel like I now know the guy who I've been sending my cash to :)

Maximax
04-24-2014, 01:48 AM
Nice. Good and fun read. Please next time get into more details of our little watch world. Big thanks to both of you.

MuZI
04-24-2014, 04:38 AM
It's always nice to see the humanistic side of a TD.

I remember when I first joined we didn't get this much interaction with the dealers.

aguilaclon
05-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Do you smoke?
I smoke cigars occasionally and cigarettes when Iīm drunk

hehe bull is an amazing guy,your answer made ​​me laugh

Djmora
05-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Do you drink alcohol?
Moderately, yes.

Toro is The one!!!!!

EVERYBODY drink but nobody tells...jajajajaja. ME TOO!!!! Jajajaja.

Stotty1
05-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Any good sites to get watches the one I got stopped working

KevinB
06-16-2014, 05:13 AM
Getting ready to order from Toro. Can't wait.

KevinB
06-17-2014, 10:39 PM
Just sent my order ...he's always responded and is a first rate guy! Can't wait ...will have to but this is fine. I'm on the list!

mercator
08-06-2014, 07:07 PM
This was an awesome interview, Toro you seem like an awesome dude! Thanks for the interview Jacob!

ou812
08-07-2014, 03:17 AM
Just reading through these interviews for the first time-fantastic idea and a very enjoyable read!

Helldiver
08-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Very nice interview. Enjoying every answers.

jonnyknox
08-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Are you collecting post counts???

:no-no:
Very nice interview. Enjoying every answers.

Helldiver
08-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Are you collecting post counts???

:no-no:

Not really. Stopped long time ago to try on Repgeek (since the sale section doesn't count and I am still a buyer without knowledge to share in other sections).

Just discovered this interview section (by mistake actually) and could not stop reading. My post was more a sort of bump for other to discover the section too.

PS: If I reacted to everything I read I would have pass the 1000 post easy ;-)

MrSteed
08-13-2014, 01:13 PM
The most obvious question wasn't asked. What's up with them fingernails?

torobravo
08-13-2014, 02:40 PM
^that was asked in the first interview if I remember correctly.

On torobravos there is 5 people working. It's a team work. Which means I have 10 hands. The person who takes the picture is actually a young lady and she has long nails. I know it's not professional that pics have hands with fingernails but it already became iconic on all forums as a signiture of torobravos 😃

Helldiver
08-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Keep the nail pic. Best to validate QC pics! ;-)

jackcfk
10-02-2014, 01:55 AM
Awesome! Nice guy and pleasure to deal with.

Uhrologe
10-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Always appriciate insider knowledge

homerj
10-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Heh heh nice interview :-)

yanou007
10-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks for this interview Toro. It's always interesting to know what there is on the other side of the mirror. And now, i have to find this Duke ...

My lock
12-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Thank you for your good work. Today, the watch came from a friend from Spain :-)

Gavmeister
09-30-2016, 12:51 PM
This is great. Some interesting insights into Toro. Now to find the first interview so that im not doing things back to front.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk