PDA

View Full Version : Trusted Dealer Interview: Narikaa

P4GTR
12-16-2013, 06:45 PM
This interview is one I was personally very excited to see happen. When Reg sent me the finished copy I was too excited to wait for more, I knew I just had to post it now. That said, there may be more coming, you never know. Without further jabber from me... Let the interview commence!

Reg, thanks for agreeing to do this interview. Not that it took much doing, admittedly, my line of persuasion (and the 150 watches I promised I would buy) is hard to resist.

I'm kidding about buying 150 watches of course, but did you know that it is actually customary to send the interviewer a gift? And to think... Watches are one of the most customary gifts! :Whistle:

Note that to this, there was no response. :shh: :lol:
-Daniel

I had to think outside of the box for your interview... You're not residing in, or originally from China. How did you get into this business?
First moved a lot of fake Rollies some 30 odd years ago when the world was a lot simpler ;) (and yours truly had many and diverse businesses) delightful l'ill critters they were too with Rolex stickers applied after clearing import! But they attracted mark ups that would make dealers weep with envy nowadays. This went on for some years and when my London based compatriots started to falter on moving any more then in my inimitable fashion I took all their stock and moved it on into a Wigan based firm (where they where always decades behind the times). Eventually I make contacts in the far East and had a steady flow of reps right through the glory days of the fledgling Internet auction sites before they all got pious and forbidding. By which time I had established my own extensive network of buyers and resellers. Then came my entrance to the world of Rep Fora which further augmented things

Why Narikaa?
Dan, you really must brush up your basic Thai language skills then the mystery becomes clear (basically it means watch)

How old are you?
Really that's something you should never ask a vampire

If you weren't doing this, you'd be doing..?
'anyone I could find' :lol:

What is your favorite food? Do you like to cook?
Cooking only out of rare necessity and no pleasure derived
But a day without SomTam is a day without sunshine as they say. Another favourite is YaamPhlaDookFoo
Anyone going to the 'Land of Smiles' should try both ;)

What is your native language? Are you bilingual?
English (the real one) is my mother tongue but I speak a couple of other languages and 'get by' in a few more

What about you is most important for people to know?
I suppose if I was to bang the drum I should say that I run things myself, basically if you buy a watch from me then you can be assured that first and foremost I actually have it in my stock bought and paid for- a rarity in itself in this business (not just coaxing your money out of you with borrowed photos so that I can then go buy it for you - like a college kid running to get a bag of weed). Also it will have been selected by me in person in the Far East, all your dealings will be with me from start to finish. And of course in the rare eventuality of any after sales problems it will be me that satisfactorily concludes them ;)

What is your favorite watch brand right now?
F. P. Journe and the complications of Maurice Lacroix

Is what you do dangerous? Do you have a lot of stress due to the legalities of what you do?
Of course, but where would be the fun if it wasn't?

Is business lucrative for you? Are you wealthy? C'mon.. How many Ferrari's do you own?
As I'm sure will be echoed with any other dealer interviewees, its good - but not fantastic

What do you think peoples biggest misconception is with high-end replicas?
Thinking they are high end gens ;)

Where do you see the replica market in 5 years?
That would depend on a lot of forces, the changing nature of Chinese politics, the ever increasing restrictions on the Internet and the tightening noose on payment methods being just some of them

What other hobbies and interests do you have?
Very few nowadays, not that much interests me.
Though in the past...many and varied interests

Are some replicas really just sneaking out of the back door of the genuine factory?
Only the AAAAA ones on scam sites

What enthralls you to keep doing this? Will you keep doing this?
If it ever gets boring then I will stop

I've bought several watches from you. We've shared forums for 7 years, talked on skype, but I really don't know you. Are you close with anyone on the main forums? Met anyone? Besides Baldrick...
Ive met a few guys from the forums yes but not something I habitually do

Speaking of, how do you tolerate Baldrick? Like two pieces of sandpaper, you just grip?
Baldrick is no problem (I have above room temperature IQ, I am literate....and can spell ;)

You are so highly regarded amongst all of the forums. What have you been putting in the water supply? What is the secret that lead you to withstand the test of time? Certainly not your charm.
No magic formula I think people just appreciate honesty and straight forward dealing. Plus I like to think that the stock I choose has always returned a good 'bang per buck' for my customers

You've seen a lot of trusted dealers come and go, any funny stories or memorable moments?
I dont think I should be tarring and feathering anyone here, but yes the predictability of the demise of some gets monotonously laughable. Without naming names one springs to mind, joined the forums in a wide eyed neophyte frenzy buying anything and everything within months was a dealer, in a few more months had been eating those instant watchsmith tablets and was doing repairs/mods, a little further on was the natural implosion

That's all I have for now. Thank you so very much for your candor Reg! I look forward to doing a follow-up soon. Hopefully we can have something for the forums after the holiday rush is past.

Please have a look in Reg's section, there's always something good to be found. You can find it here- Replica Geek - The best replica watch discussion & review site in the world. (http://www.repgeek.com/narikaa/)

McLovin
12-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Reg is first class all the way!

Maximax
12-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Good read. Thanks for the time and effort!

nuwanda
12-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Nice reading

6r360r10
12-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Great!!

Sivart13
12-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the interview and insight!

aksingh
12-17-2013, 01:23 AM
:clap:

hampalang
12-17-2013, 02:49 AM
Where are the ladyboy escapades?

torobravo
12-17-2013, 04:30 AM
I need one of those instant watchsmith tablets :D

P4GTR
12-18-2013, 01:54 AM
I need one of those instant watchsmith tablets :D

Every time I take one, I wake up with a broken watch, and my pants unbuttoned. :undecided:

nembo
12-19-2013, 01:20 PM
From someone that knows Reg personally and like to consider him a friend,i can assure you guys, he is a class act all the way.
What you see on the forums is less than what actually really is.
I always look forward to meet him and have a nice drink or dinner with our respective ladies in tow.
There are so many valid people in this forum and among our dealers that i have the pleasure to know in person,Toro and Sead being the first names to come to mind .
I can assure you,we are lucky to have them in our midst.

TheBigKahuna
12-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Reg is indeed both a gentleman and a scholar!

Thanks also to P4GTR for the interview.

Such a nice community in here!

:clap:

Helldiver
08-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Very nice idea this interviews. Really nice to put a "face" on TDs especially Reg.

mnml
08-27-2014, 06:26 PM
I hope it never gets boring to him :D

jackcfk
10-02-2014, 01:50 AM
Good to hear, +1 on Narikaa, Sead and Toro. Bought stuff from all of em...

dreich9999
10-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Reg is just a superb dealer and Honest to the last!
Long may he continue.

Sent from the "Starship Enterprise"

Uhrologe
10-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Top Dealors

baruch
04-10-2015, 04:05 PM
These interviews are just great, and also about his reply about what the rep indistry will be like in 5 yeras.

pthurst
02-17-2016, 04:32 PM
I took all their stock and moved it on into a Wigan based firm (where they where always decades behind the times).

I'm a Wiganer... Also someone who enjoys doing business with Reg!

Great read...

Paul

maxvinci
02-29-2016, 03:37 PM
Reg: the best.

Inviato dal mio P01Y utilizzando Tapatalk

LilyJane
03-24-2016, 10:02 AM
It was interesting to read - good questions (:

Gavmeister
09-30-2016, 12:43 PM
Awesome to read. Havent bought from Reg at this point but makes things a little more personable reading this. Wont forget the meani g of Narikaa...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LilyJane
11-30-2016, 05:59 PM
So interesting and exciting :)) Was fun to read.

lika
06-09-2017, 11:32 PM
It was very interesting to read. -Narikaa has a perfect sense of humor!

Prince T
01-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Hi, I would love to have a Maurice lucraxio Black Strap not more than 44 Diameter
Tanx

WillyTheBiz
01-17-2019, 03:00 PM
Having met Reg many times over the years I can confirm that he is how the folklore portrays him:

Honourable, efficient, witty and mysterious!

He has for me, been the longest standing and reliable dealer out there. Period. He got that from sticking to his core principles.
I hope Reg continues on for many years enjoying what he does.... Because everyone needs a Noob/Regmariner at some point in their lives!