PDA

View Full Version : ok, teach me about this Patek rep

bmblbug
03-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Quality?

What should it cost?

New to this and couldn't find much on this Rep.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5095/5535025685_1f99af469f_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5058/5535605326_007ebcb695_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5257/5535605152_61cb68d26f_b.jpg

Sorry for the iPhone pics. I didn't have my DSLR with me. :D

Thanks!

D!

If you see Kay
03-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Looks like it belongs in the Calatrava line of Pateks. A21J probably, so probably in the line of the rest of them. Check Watcheden for comparables.

bmblbug
03-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks! Looked there and don't see this one. Anyone else have any feedback?

Thanks!

D!

Emperor Penguin
03-18-2011, 04:41 PM
The watch pictured is a fantasy creation. If you buy this watch, you are hoping to impress people who are vaguely familiar with the name "Patek Philippe," but you will not impress a genuine Patek owner, who will easily call you out.

Grand Complications are more like works of art, and genuine models are most often made of precious metals, like white gold, yellow gold and platinum. Only the low-end Pateks are made of stainless steel, most notably Aquanaut and basic Nautilus. I suggest buying either the MBK Aquanaut or the recently-released Nautilus models, the latter of which finally have the correct datewheel position and very difficult to spot. Also, be sure to wear the watches in a manner consistent to their purported values, with genuine Aquanauts selling at $15,000 and Nautilus at $20,000. You do not wear the Nautilus playing Hip Hop music, wearing your cap backwards or sideways, wearing baggy clothes and cheap jewelry, and speaking like you did not pass the seventh grade.

Refer to Patek's website for more in-depth study on their watches.

The Emperor has spoken.

bmblbug
03-18-2011, 08:40 PM
How did you describe my outfit and music tastes so well? :lol:

I actually picked this up while in Bangkok as a gift for an attorney friend who wanted a rep. After reading a little more here, I realize that it may not be accurate, but I guess the reality with Patek's are that so few people actually know much about the real ones that they probably wouldn't notice much about a rep.
:lol:

Thanks for the reply!

D!

tobico
03-19-2011, 12:13 AM
the build quality, accuracy, and build materials can easily tell that its a cheap china made replica. its an easy spot replica watch and i wouldnt recommend you to wear it all the time unless you treat it as a watch that matches your outfit.

bmblbug
03-22-2011, 01:34 PM
the build quality, accuracy, and build materials can easily tell that its a cheap china made replica. its an easy spot replica watch and i wouldnt recommend you to wear it all the time unless you treat it as a watch that matches your outfit.

So I should tell him to only wear it with his cheap Chinese knock off clothing? :lol:

D!

lgking
03-23-2011, 09:27 PM
"You do not wear the Nautilus playing Hip Hop music, wearing your cap backwards or sideways, wearing baggy clothes and cheap jewelry, and speaking like you did not pass the seventh grade." :eek:

If you see Kay
03-23-2011, 10:19 PM
"You do not wear the Nautilus playing Hip Hop music, wearing your cap backwards or sideways, wearing baggy clothes and cheap jewelry, and speaking like you did not pass the seventh grade." :eek:

That's what Hublots and APROO's are for.

mbjoer
05-26-2011, 08:40 PM
99.99999% of the world do not know the Patek range in any detail. So a fantasy watch can be a reasonable option if it is done well.

Try and look at it again and pretend that it does not say Patek. Does it look like a fantastically detaled watch on it's own? Does it look like it could be worth $30,000?

From the blurred pictures you show that may not be the case.
What may catch you out is not so much that the model does not exist, but that the whole thing looks implausible. In particular the back of the watch looks really cheap with stickers and ecthings instead of engravings and clear hallmarks.

If you go for a top brand, make sure to do it well.
This seems to be a very cheap watch pretending to be an extremely expensive one. Next time you may have to spend a few hundered $$ more.

The Dude
05-26-2011, 10:06 PM
That's what Hublots and APROO's are for.

Lol :lol: Agreed, original RO's are a different story though.